Today, we would like to give you an update about the test servers. Many players were disappointed that the first test server schedule was delayed last time. Right before opening the test servers, we concluded that the test build was not stable enough and decided to postpone the test. Although the current test build is not completely stable as of now, we still would like to open the test servers this week even for a short period of time and allow players to test the long-awaited feature - vaulting & climbing. We were planning to run test servers for about three days but this week’s test will be shorter because of the build’s current state.
Please note that you may experience client crashes on the test servers. This is normal as the build we are using for this test is not completely stable. This may not be the best condition to test all the features. At this time we ask for your understanding as we continue to fix the issue.
The test will begin tomorrow and last for about a day. If we decide to extend the test schedule, we will make an announcement on our official social media channels.
- PST: November 13th 06:00 PM – November 14th 06:00 PM
- CET: November 14th 03:00 AM – November 15th 03:00 AM
- KST: November 14th 11:00 AM – November 15th 11:00 AM
Region & Modes
- NA SOLO First-person / Third-person
- ASIA SOLO First-person / Third-person
Two major changes were made this time. We added vaulting & climbing and overhauled the ballistics system. To read more about vaulting & climbing, please read our previous blog post.
Regarding ballistics, we made changes to bullet drag effect, accuracy and hit areas to give them a more realistic touch as well as improve the balance of weapons. We have described the changes in detail below. We will be using a more advanced equation to calculate damage which will be shared in detail after this test.
We are constantly looking into improving the balance of the weapons while adding a little bit of more realistic, albeit reasonably balanced touch. As a consequence, we are now working on a ballistics balance pass. We have been announcing upcoming changes to the way the projectiles and weapons behave for some time and now the first iteration is finalized.
The overhaul consists of multiple elements. The most essential one is the addition of a bullet drag effect that affects the trajectory curve of a projectile. Due to this effect the bullet now loses its velocity over time - similar to what happens to it in real life. As a result, with gravity still acting on the projectile, at the same distance as before the bullet drop will be bigger. For most assault rifles the change will be hardly noticeable at short range. It will become increasingly obvious above the range of 300 meters.
Secondly, we’ve tweaked the MOA (accuracy) of the weapons basing the new numbers on their IRL counterparts. While some weapons may experience slight accuracy nerf, others will become more accurate than before.
Following the changes to the trajectory of the bullet, we have looked into the usability of iron sights and sight attachments. To accommodate the new ballistics, we have changed the way zeroing works to be slightly more realistic. As a result, each weapon will have unique set of zeroing ranges while using the iron sights. Red dot and holographic sites will allow for zeroing in on short ranges. You will now also be able to adjust the intensity of the reticle (by default using the Mouse Wheel). 4x's tip of the chevron is zeroed in on respectively 50 and 100 m for submachine guns and other weapons. Bigger scopes will additionally allow you to change the zoom level (by default using the Mouse Wheel).
* Zeroing for 4x is the same as before in the 1st test servers and will be updated in the next test build.
Finally we have introduced changes to the hit areas of the characters. We felt that the initial system was a little bit too simplistic and punishing to the players. With the new system, the problematic neck area will be protected by the helmet. Shooting hands and feet is now also less effective than it was before. On top of regular bonuses and penalties to the hit areas, the damage will be also modified by weapon class.
These changes allow us to further balance the use and functionality of different types of weapon classes. Please bear in mind that the changes are not final, many are, in fact, experimental, and we are still working on more features to be included in the game.
Projectile is affected only by gravity, velocity is constant (short travel time, low drop)
Projectile is affected by gravity and air resistance, velocity drops over time quasi-exponentially (long travel time, big drop)
Most of weapons are very accurate aside from submachineguns
All weapons are reasonably accurate up to medium range (300 meters)
Zeroing is a parameter of a weapon regardless of sight attachment
Zeroing is a parameter of sight attachment (or iron sights of the weapon)
Reticle's intensity cannot be changed in red dot or holographic sights
Reticle's intensity can be manually adjusted depending on light conditions
Damage to any part of the limb has 50% damage penalty
Damage to limb parts is differentiated (the closer to chest, the more damage)
Neck is not protected by the helmet, no damage bonus
Neck is protected by the helmet, 25% penalty to headshot bonus
Same damage modifiers to all hit areas for all weapons
Different damage modifiers to hit areas based on weapon class or type
- Optimized terrain data to reduce memory usage
- Reduced the lag issue when terrain is loading
- Reduced the lag issue when multiple players are in sight
- Optimized server performance by adjusting network throughput
- Added vaulting & climbing action
- Vehicle driving balance is modified
* We are adjusting driving sounds to be more realistic. Sources of vehicle sounds will be improved.
- Vehicle driving is adjusted to be more realistic
- This is an early stage of balancing. We need your feedback to improve driving.
- Improved the vehicle and passenger animations
- Projectiles fired from firearms are now affected by air drag. This means that projectiles will now lose velocity over time leading to greater bullet drop and longer travel time
- Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)
- Red dot, holo and 2x sights can now have their reticle's brightness adjusted using Mouse Wheel
- Hit areas have been modified
- Neck is now protected by the helmet
- Damage to the chest area is increased
- Base damage is now modified by weapon class
- The actual damage is now taking into account following multipliers
- Base damage stat of the weapon
- Distance traveled by the projectile (damage decreases over distance)
- Hit area damage multiplier
- Weapon class multiplier
- Fixed the excessive aim-punch while leaning in ADS mode
- Removed the blurring effect of the weapon and objects close to camera that appeared in non-ADS mode
- Unified the sizes of all UAZ models, the number of seats decreased to 4
- Improved the backpack capacity UI in the inventory screen
IEM Oakland PUBG Invitational Event Details
Test Servers for PC 1.0 - Update #3