Welcome back to Sanhok (the map formerly known as “Codename: Savage”). Going forward, testing will be open to everyone who owns a copy of PUBG. Just download the “PUBG: Experimental Server” once it appears in your library.
We’ve still got some work to do before Sanhok is ready for live servers, so please give us the most detailed feedback you can! We couldn’t do this without you.
CODENAME: SAVAGE TESTING WINDOW
- OPENS: May 10, 7pm PDT / May 11, 4am CEST / May 11, 11am KST
- CLOSES: May 14, 4am PDT / May 14, 1pm CEST / May 14, 8pm KST
- Both TPP and FPP are available in all queues
- NA, EU, AS : Solo/Duo/Squad
This map is now called Sanhok! More information about how we chose this name can be found here.
- We’ve applied the same weapon balance and item spawn changes from the current PUBG live servers (see patch notes #12)
- We’ve adjusted item spawn balance for Sanhok specifically:
- Increased the overall item spawn amount
- Adjusted the AR spawn balance in the world
- Increased total amount of AR
- Slightly decreased ratio for M416, but actual spawn ratio for M416 will remain similar to before
- Increased ratio for M16A4, AKM
- Before boarding the plane, you can now throw apples (found in your inventory)
- Changed Redzone rules
- Generally, redzones will no longer appear inside the safe zone (white circle). There are some exceptions when the blue circle is too close to the white circle (example image below).
- With this change, it becomes a bit more risky to play outside of the safe zone.
- Added extra design variants for the Aquarail
- Added spawn points for Aquarails and Motorbikes near the cave area
Changed some area names:
*Players voted for a similar name in a community poll, but we had to subsequently tweak the name to “Paradise Resort” for legal reasons.
We’ve added four new areas:
We’ve also made various improvements to areas throughout Sanhok:
Bhan, located in the middle of island
Ruins, located on the west side of the island
Quarry, located near the middle of the island
Docks, located on the southeast side of the island
Mongnai, located at the northeast side of the island
Bootcamp, located in the middle of the island
Paradise Resort, located on the northeast side of the island
- Blood effects should now appear as intended
- Certain FPS drop issues and sound issues have been resolved
- Fixed an issue causing the “aim punch” effect to be too noticeable.
- Certain invisible objects in buildings have been removed
- The minimap now shows areas 200 meters away (instead of 100m)
Known Issues (Investigating)
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn't get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (Yes, still)
- When using the Death Cam, sometimes players disappear or weapons become invisible.
- Sometimes in spectate mode or Death Cam, scopes are visible, but scope mesh isn’t.
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
- Sometimes the bluezone indicator on the minimap gets temporarily out of sync.
Codename: Savage Returns (With A New Name)
Sanhok Testing Now Live